Change of Plans, Part Dos
Okay, so I know I was supposed to travel with my friends this week, and then go back to classes next week, but I have changed my plans yet again.
After a bus ride last night through the Andes from Cuenca to Guayaquil (absolutely breathtaking), and a flight this morning, I am in the Galapagos Islands!!! How could I pass up this opportunity to visit the birthplace of the theory of evolution? It would have been difficult to come to Ecuador and not go to the Galapagos, so here I am.
But, there“s more. After the Galapagos, I will be moving on with my friends to Peru, where I will climb the famous Machu Picchu. Again, a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I simply could not pass up.
So, this week, instead of taking classes in Cuenca (where I already stayed for three days), I will be in the Galapagos, and then Peru. I will return to Ecuador on Sunday, where I will begin a week of classes at the beach, as scheduled.
After a bus ride last night through the Andes from Cuenca to Guayaquil (absolutely breathtaking), and a flight this morning, I am in the Galapagos Islands!!! How could I pass up this opportunity to visit the birthplace of the theory of evolution? It would have been difficult to come to Ecuador and not go to the Galapagos, so here I am.
But, there“s more. After the Galapagos, I will be moving on with my friends to Peru, where I will climb the famous Machu Picchu. Again, a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I simply could not pass up.
So, this week, instead of taking classes in Cuenca (where I already stayed for three days), I will be in the Galapagos, and then Peru. I will return to Ecuador on Sunday, where I will begin a week of classes at the beach, as scheduled.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home